Tuesday, June 9, 2009

'Epigenetics' Means What We Eat, How We Live And Love, Alters How Our Genes Behave

'Epigenetics' Means What We Eat, How We Live And Love, Alters How Our Genes Behave

Shared via AddThis

This is a very interesting article. I have been investigating something to share with my co-workers, because I am part of a Journal Club where different Scientists and Associate Scientists share research related articles that apply to the line of work our company specializes in, being Immunology. For those of you who know me, you can attest that I can't say enough about nutrition, but here's an article that states how nutrition, our environment and early childhood behaviors alter how our genes express themselves. This made me think twice about how critical nutrition is during a fetus's life and how the upbringing in utero affects the rest of that childs life.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow, Leah that was an interesting article. I really need to work on my diet, and try to buy more organic products. We do already buy a lot of organic foods, and that's also why I'm so excited for my garden because I know that I'm not using any harmful pesticides. I would love to be able to grow all of my food, have chickens, etc. Babak and I actually saw a report a while ago about kids from orphanages that later in life have many mental problems and instability in their lives because as infants they weren't shown love and affection, how sad :(

Jeff and Darlene said...

Thanks for sharing that article. It was really interesting. Thank you